Monday, September 22, 2008

One of those sweet moments

Today was a day I appreciated as a mother. I appreciated the fact that my kids are so close in age. I appreciated that their closeness in age at times becomes closeness in play. There are lots of days when I have had it up to here with all the fighting that goes on between these kids. There is yelling and arguing and bossing around that goes on. Sometimes there is even hitting and kicking and tackling! My little guy is now old enough to get in on the action too. Some days they drive me crazy with their fighting.

But there are also days when they don't fight as much. There are days like today when they play quietly for hours. On days like today they close their bedroom door and I hear the sounds of friendship, cooperation, and their sweet uncontrollable giggles. They are "imagining" they tell me when I open the door to check on them. The older two even work to entertain the baby so he won't desert their game. My heart is full when I see them enjoying each others company. I am reassured that even though there is often conflict between them deep down they really are best friends. Their happiness is contagious and I walk away from them feeling a little lighter. Oh and there is one more benefit. I can peacefully take five for myself... which I definitely did:)

1 comment:

Eric and Justine said...

Good for you taking that five. You of all people deserve it. You do so much with/for those precious kids and it shows. That is my favorite part about my boys being so close in age, they are truly best friends. It melts my heart everytime they take care of each other or miss each other even though they have been separated for just minutes.