Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"LEHI!" She yelled.


I actually yelled "Lehi" at my kids the other night. For those of you who are not familiar, Lehi is a prophet in the
Book of Mormon.


I am not going to go into the whole story, but I will give you the bullet point version of events.

*Nick was working until 10PM.
*It was past bedtime.
*There were tired, cranky people involved.
*We were trying to read scriptures and say prayers before bed.
*These circumstances culminated with me yelling "Lehi" at the top of my lungs!

"And it came to pass that it got the kids attention and for a moment while they stared at me as if I was crazed I was able to finish reading and tuck them into bed."

Afterwards I had to sit and laugh at myself (it was that or cry). I mean... who yells Lehi? Seriously!

Yes, it's embarrassing but it's also kind of funny. That's why I shared. Think of this tonight while you're trying to feed, bathe, dress, homework, scripture, pray and put your family to bed:)

1 comment:

mimilee said...

Once my sister's canoe almost tipped over. She gripped the sides in horror and she yelled, "Heavenly Father!" So I can see the humor and also the frustration in your situation. :)