Monday, December 5, 2011

Family Prayers

It's time to say family prayers...
Me: Who wants to say the prayer tonight?
Rand: I do, I do, I do, I do!
Me: Ok, go ahead (we all bow our heads and close our eyes)
Rand: Dear Heavenly Father............................I need help.
Me: You know how to do this...First say something that you're grateful for.
Rand: I'm grateful for my family.......... I need help again!
Me: Ok, now you can say please bless that... and say something you need.
Rand: Please bless dad........
Me: Please bless that........
Rand: Please bless dad......
Me: Now say please bless that...
Rand: Please bless dad
Me: No that's not what I... you can bless dad if you want but what I'm saying is please bless THAT... then say something you need.
Rand: Please bless that... Dad will be blessed. (by this time we are all irreverently trying to hide our giggles)
Me: Please bless us to have a good nights sleep
Rand:........................
Me: (I just finish the prayer for him because we are all truly cracking up now and he won't finish!)

No comments: