Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Live in the moment and censor the backlash

I'm feeling a little nostalgic and reflective today.  It is crazy that next year I will have a 3rd grader, 2nd grader, and a Kindergartner!  I can hardly believe that those little babies of mine are growing up so fast.  

Some days things are smooth and happy at our house.  The minutes slip by and I wish they would slow down so I could have more time to imprint the little joys in my mind.  I wish there was a way to remember everything perfectly.  It makes my heart hurt to think that no matter how much I write down, some things will fade and be forgotten.

Some days are hard and discouraging, but I still wish I could slow time.  Then I could stop and gather my patience and remind myself that it's ok... there are more good things to come.  Spills and fights are fleeting, and there are worse things than kids that stay up all night reading and are cranky in the morning.

I am feeling a lot tonight.  I thought I could channel it into something intelligible here, but now I'm thinking not so much. Overwhelmed with solicitude.  Wavering on how much to reveal.  Self-conscious concerning my audience?  Too tired for articulation?  Type * erase * retype * re-erase.  It's time for bed.  No regrets!

No comments: