Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In all my glory

Confession - In the last six weeks i have had 3 (count 'em 3!) clumsy embarrassing accidents.  This is a photo of number three...

I was walking and I fell down. Wait... it gets better: I was walking down a set of outdoor stairs at the mall!  Luckily when I tripped I grabbed the railing and just sort of sank down to my knees instead of tumbling all the way down them.  Oh and it was night and the mall was closing so no one saw:)


I don't have any photos to document the other incidents but I will share. First I slipped in a puddle of water on my tile floor while I was carrying the baby.  I saved her but in doing so I landed all of my weight on my elbow and hip.  I laid on the ground for awhile on this one.  I really though my arm was broken.  Seriously!  Oh and and while I was lying there I yelled at my kids about wiping up/ telling me about spills.  Apparently they all knew the water was there but didn't say anything!  My elbow was messed up for about three weeks and sore for maybe another.  It just recently started feeling normal again.

I saved the best for last, and by best I mean most embarrassing.  Farrah sleeps in a portable crib in my walk-in closet.  (Don't ask, that's a whole different story).  Anyway, she woke up in the middle of the night crying.  I got up to get her and ran smack into the wall.  I woke up Nick when I screamed "Oh my gosh I think I broke my nose!!!"  It hurt so badly.  It was worse than any pain I've had in the last 10 years aside from child birth.  I had to ice it just to be able to get back to sleep.  I had a nice bruise on the bridge of my nose when I woke up.  Thank goodness it wasn't broken.  I wasn't sure how it was going to come out there for awhile:) 

There you have it... Top those embarrassing injuries!

No comments: