Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A busy good day

Nick was off today and we decided to head to town to do some shopping in preparation for our big Grand Canyon adventure this weekend.  First we dropped 3 kids off at school and hit up REI.


I managed to convince Nick to invest in some nice hiking pants (he is a boy scout leader now after all) and a very Bear Grylls-esque shirt.  I think he liked them because right before bed he got all decked out and lamented that he couldn't wear those hiking pants to work the next day:) They are that comfy!   He also said that all he needs now is the Bear Grylls knife to go with his shirt.  I said "we will definitely have to look into that my dear".  If you've read this far and your jaw hasn't dropped onto the floor yet you must not know my Nicky boy very well.  Those of you that do can appreciate the immensity of this occasion and I expect lots of compliments for him on his new duds to encourage future purchases.


I also grabbed a few additions to my gear and we were off to drop Rand off at school and pick Blythe up.  Of course we were late because we almost ran out of gas and had to stop and fill up when we were already in a time crunch.  That's the downside of living so far away from EVERYTHING.

We got the kid situation settled and headed back up to get my birthday present...


I am so excited to try her out this weekend.  I trust that Candice will use the footage to make some awesome R2R2R 2012 movies for us afterward!

We rushed back into town from that errand just in time to pick up 3 kids from school and head to piano lessons.  Once that was over I headed home and Nick took the boys to soccer practice where he apparently practiced taking panoramic photos on the phone:)


I, on the other hand, sat down and ate some cake.  It helps me relax ok!  Then I prepared for the post practice rush of hungry kids.  And that was my busy good day.



Oh one more thing...
I must confess that last night when Nick tried out all his new stuff I wanted to play too.  Can I just say I am really looking forward to this weekend!


Excuse my crazy hair.  It runs in the family;)


No comments: