Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Funny Fear

Yes, I am afraid of these.  


Does anyone else remember these?  

You put a blob of goo on the end of the straw and blow it up into a strange kind of plastic bubble.  

Well I remember them well.  They made me nervous when I was a child.  

I never trusted myself to blow a bubble.  I was too afraid that somehow I would involuntarily inhale at the worst possible second and get the goo in my mouth or worse suck it into my lungs.  In terms of irrational fears I think this may take the cake!  

The other day Nick and I were at dinner with some friends and my irrational fear of these came up.  One of our friends found it highly amusing.  In the course of the conversation he brought up something else that freaks me out.  It is called a blow dart.  I don't think I need to elaborate here, do I?

A few days later I was walking through the grocery store when I spotted (and took a photo) of B'loonies.  I thought it was pretty ironic that after not seeing any for probably 20 years I ran into some that same week.

The world works in mysterious ways.

This one's for you Neal! I don't really think you read my blog.  That's ok, because your wife does and she will tell you about it.  Then you will get to laugh again at my irrational fears.  Enjoy:)

No comments: