Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Winter Wars

It has been pretty cold here for the past few days.  It's no big deal compared to most places, but here in the desert we are definitely not used to these temperatures.  This morning it was 14 degrees when I took my kids to school! 
The problem is these children of mine don't quite know how to handle this crazy weather.  I have one who majorly over compensates.  For example, this morning he dressed in 5 jackets and sweaters and he doesn't start school until noon.  The we have those on the other end of the spectrum.  The others refuse to wear anything more than a hooded sweatshirt!  No matter how much I nag they will NOT dress warmly.  

Its been kind of funny. I keep putting warm things in their backpacks, but I'm pretty sure they aren't using them.  Oh well, hopefully their teachers don't think I'm a neglectful mother:)   I guess the old saying is true... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! 

No comments: