Friday, January 4, 2008

Focus?


There are days when I have a hard time finding balance. I love my kids and I want to give them my undivided attention. I want to play with them and I want them to know I am always there when they need me. There is also that whole thing about keeping the house in order, grocery shopping, preparing well balanced meals etc. I am actually getting tired just thinking about this. Is it this hard for everyone? I find it so challenging to balance household duties with "kid time". On top of that - I am just gonna come out and say it - I want time for myself! I need time to pursue my interests, time with Nick, and time to just... blog! You know what I mean, right? I want a day where I spend all day playing with the kids and don't feel guilty about letting the house go. Or how about a day in which I spend all day cleaning and I don't feel guilty that I didn't play with my kids at all.
I thought maybe venting about this would make me feel better. Then I thought of the following things. #1 I have an extremely supportive husband who does more than his share around the house (poopy diapers included) after working or going to school all day. #2 Some women do all this and have a full time job. Wow! I think I feel worse now. I am going back to bed... not really but if I could I would!




If you noticed my incomplete sentence... I did too!