Saturday, March 28, 2009

TV always comes back to bite!

After almost five years of being a mother I have learned some lessons about the television. A little TV can be a good thing. I can actually get something done when my youngest is napping (he doesn't really care for watching yet) and the older two are watching a movie. BUT... I have also learned that a lot of TV is a very horrible thing in our house.

Lately, I haven't been letting the kids watch TV or movies because they behave a lot better when they abstain. They are more obedient, more willing to work, and they fight less. Today I let them watch a movie, the same movie over, and over, and over, that is. The good new - I did get a lot of "stuff" done. The bad news - the meltdowns started around 1 PM. I also noticed around this time that all the chores they had done in order to be able to watch the movie were undone. I see my mistake. It was letting them watch the movie a third time. I should have cut them off at two:) Now I'm off to do damage control!

No comments: