Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Color Run

The Color Run was a few weeks ago and I ran it with my sister- in- law Candice. To sum it up you run a 5k while volunteers throw powdered chalk of different colors at you. The only requirement is that you wear a white shirt.

Here are some before shots...


Candice made up us some sweet white tutu's to wear:) Also a creepy guy jumped in our photo... what the???

I know I shouldn't have taken a photo of this but seriously people... if you think you should leave the house in tiny white spandex shorts, especially if you're an over weight, middle aged man... think again! You wouldn't believe the huge number of people we saw sporting this look! It was worse in real life too.


Other than run-ins with see through shorts the run was a whole lot of fun. It was a pretty laid back atmosphere and was not timed. As the race began we made a last minute decision to go ahead and run the whole way instead of taking it easy like most of the people around us.

When we ran through the "color zones" the powder was a bit suffocating. We quickly got into a pattern of skirting the crowds and hopping in, getting colored, and hopping out again.

After shots...



By the end I had color in my mouth, and everywhere else you can imagine. After showering I even had some lingering green that took a few days to wear off!


Candice left me a colorful seat in my car:) Check out her version of events here.


Overall a fun experience and I think I would do it again.

No comments: