Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quail Creek 5K

Also in February I entered another 5k. It was located right next to my house and I thought why not? I was sick all week so I was a little slower than I had hoped, but that's just how it seems to work in this racing world. There's always something you could have done better or differently looking back:)

Here I am at the start.














This is my sister's puppy Ace. He came to cheer me on. This little guy got a lot of attention since this was an event you could bring your dog to. One lady even had her husband take a photo of her with my dad and Ace. We were cracking up about it later... after they walked off of course!













Here I am after crossing the finish line.


































Thanks to my dad for coming with me and taking photos. I ended up winning first place for my age division! Do not be fooled into to thinking that is impressive though... this 5K was put on by the local retirement community;) 


















I find it a little crazy that I got to take home this awesome mug for an 8:50 average, but I'll take it!

No comments: