Friday, June 15, 2012

Are they all yours?

Are all those kids yours?
Seriously... they can't all be yours?
Are you a teacher?
Are you babysitting?
Do you run a daycare?
Don't you guys have a television at your house?
Haven't you figured out what causes that yet?
Do you need me to pay for you to get your tubes tied?
5 kids wow... so your done right?
Aren't you worried about over populating the world?


These are all things that people have said to me when I was out and about with my kids.  I usually joke back and say "Can you believe it... we had them all on purpose?"  It doesn't bother me too much to get these comments, but every once in awhile there is someone that I think maybe should have censored themselves a little bit?  It can get kind of annoying to have to defend my reproductive choices at every check out line I stand in.  The funny thing is that Nick and I don't really feel like our family is that big.  You would think we had 20 kids the way some people react.  

We live near a lot of retired people so a lot of the comments are also positive about how they remember raising their own kids.  I don't mind those ones.  They are sweet and remind me not to take these years for granted because someday I will be the granny at the grocery store:)  The thing is I'm pretty happy with my life and with my family and even if the world has a hard time believing it I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: