Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Name that musical... but not really.

"They call you lady luck.  But there is room for doubt.  
At times you have a very unladylike way of running out!"


Once upon a time, July 13th 2012 to be precise, I went on a bike ride with my SIL and friend Candice Mae Porter.  We planned this ride with Nick and his dad, but they both bailed out on us.  One for legitimate reasons and one for fear of rain!  We started the morning by driving, and driving some more until we reached our destination.  We parked at the post office.

Then the rain really began to fall hard.  We toughed it out.  We rode and rode for 2+ hours in that rain.  We climbed hills and then climbed some more hills.  At last we reached the turn around point.  We began a big descent and then... I got a flat!  We stopped and I changed it very slowly as I always do:)  We continued on.  Soon Candice got a flat she changed it slowly because she is like me at changing tires.  We rode on again and she got a second flat.  We were tubeless now.  So I rode the rest of the way to the car and returned to pick her up.  Somehow along the way I got grease and dirt all over myself.


We made it back to town and we were wet and dirty, but satisfied with ourselves.  It was a good ride that day.


But we did have some pretty CRAZY hair... especially me!


The End

No comments: