Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Instagram Challenge


My sister in law Candice tagged me on instagram to write 5 things about myself you might not know.  Read on and you might learn something... or you might not. I have a big mouth and I've probably already told you all of this and more! 



#1
I am probably the most un-romantic person you know, and I have a hard time telling people how I feel. Don't laugh! Let me explain... I AM very opinionated, and I'm not afraid of confrontation if it come to that, but when someone is meaningful to me (I care deeply or love them) I have a hard time expressing it. The vulnerability required to do so is hard for me. It's something I'm working in because I know I can come off as cold when I'm really just scared.

#2
Speaking of overcoming #1 I will say that I am very grateful that I met and married the love if my life at a young age. There were times I wondered why we were so drawn to each other because we are SO different, but over the years I have come to believe that he is perfect for me. There is no way I would be he person I am today (the good parts:) if I was with anyone else. I love him more everyday (even when he drives me crazy:) and I kind of don't like to think about it too much because it makes me feel emotional which I don't like... Are you sensing a pattern to my dysfunction here???

#3
There are two things I have a passion for now that I never would have thought possible: the Grand Canyon & cycling. I love the GC! It's a little embarrassing, but there are nights I lie awake thinking about my next trip there. There have also been nights when Nick has told me to please put my maps away and just come to bed:) I feel pretty much the same way about my bike. I've never been athletic at all and it's the first thing I feel like I actually have the potential to be good at. I love the high I feel at the end if a good ride.

#4
Most people who knew me in my pre-Nick days are surprised I settled down young and have a biggish family. Don't know what that says about me, but we won't go there today! There are times we look at each other and say "I cant believe we have 5 kids!" I am so grateful that after some trouble getting pregnant the first time I was able to conceive, carry, and give birth to my babies. After watching my own mom's experience I try never to take fertility for granted.

#5
One of the best decisions I made was to have my last two babies at home. I know it's not for everyone and I get why it makes some people uncomfortable. For me it was amazing! It's hard to explain but it has changed and "grown" me in so many ways. I love and appreciate my body like I never have before. I know that it is strong and can do almost anything I ask of it whether its giving birth, hiking 40 miles in a day, cycling crazy distances, or just taking care of my family, I can do it!

No comments: